Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Time Travels in Just One Direction


As I was trying to occupy my time re-reading the January 2012 edition of Reader’s Digest, I came across an article that froze my train of thought. It was written by J.H. Hyun under the Voice section of the magazine. The title was; “Time Travels in Just One Direction”.

The topic essentially revolves around the choices he has made in favor of spending time with his wife and new born son. As the message is; once precious memories and days are gone, they will never return. The notion is simple and irrevocably true, which is why it made so much impact on me. Especially now that all I can do is wait for my world to change.

I’m unmoving as the days pass and trying to occupy my time with menial activities does not make up for the fact that I’m unable to accomplish any of my goals nor get my life together in a manner that is acceptable to me. To make clarifications, I did not set extraordinarily high expectations for myself. My hopes were modest but the universe may not be in favor of my willingness to move on from the misery I’m currently stuck in.

It’s the same sentiments over and over. It has now become redundant. But after reading the slap-in-my-face article, I’ve decided to let it be. Time doesn’t give a crap about how much waiting I’m supposed to be doing and how much desolation I’m in. It will move as it is and I’ll just have to deal with it. Suffering is part of everybody’s life and there is no excuse to wallow even if there is nothing one can do about it for the meantime. I’m currently trying to find more meaningful things to do with my sabbatical (ever so positively putting it).

I know I’m fooling myself with all this delusions but what else is there to do? It’s hard to be positive but being negative is such a cliché, given my situation. So the waiting continues and I try to subjugate this life interval by finding significant things to do. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment