Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Suck it up!


Boredom is no longer an issue here in SG. The new fad in my horizon is body pain, lack of sleep and exhaustion. There are still no complaints here. I like feeling busy. For some unknown reason, the more work being laid on my plate, the better I feel. I enjoy a challenge; jobs that would make me think, as I find that doing easy tasks day after day makes life monotonous. I have been classified a workaholic (by a professional), that’s why I almost blew my head off when I had to take a break for a couple of months. Even working from home is not stimulating enough for me.

Speaking of which, I’m currently stuck at home trying to finish editing and layout for 3 magazines from my former company. The person they got to replace me got sacked so they called and asked me to complete the editions. It posed for some extra cash so I took advantage of the opportunity.

I still have some worries about getting a job here, as I’ve sent out over 30 CVs and I still haven’t gotten a reply other than acknowledgements of receipts. My mom, dad and Ogot kept reminding me that it’s only been two weeks and it does take time but I can’t help but doubt myself. Self-reservation is washing over me. The voice inside my head saying that I may not be good enough is lingering despite my attempts at being optimistic. I’m confident about my qualifications and am an efficient worker, you can’t ask my references. I am very passionate when it comes to work as I’ve made elaborate plans of the things I want in life and working hard is the way to get there. This is mainly why I’m baffled as to what is going on with me. Perhaps being in a different country where I’m not familiar with the processes and all else in between is what’s rattling me. I just have to hack it and get a better hold of myself. Nothing ever comes easy. I just need to keep in mind that this is what I really want and these are the things I have to go through to get to where I want to be.. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment