Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rattled!


We had a visit from Ogot's brother and his family. It was a pleasant surprise. The house was full and having his two kids around made the place topsy-turvy. There was activity all over the place; kids running around, the kitchen full of food and Ogot trying to chase the children for photo ops. I can't remember the last time our own house was like this. It gave me a tug of jealousy. Their family is really closely knit and up to now I can only hope to have the same relationship with mine.

I'm trying to be patient as I wait for my plans to be realized; which is hopefully, in just a couple of days. But I'm restless with worry that something bad is going to happen. I've knocked on wood so many times that my knuckles are bruised. I should be enjoying the remaining time I have to do just bloody nah, but my thoughts are working non-stop. My mind doesn’t have any off button, no matter how much I wish it did.

But since I’m trying to amend that, I’ve requested that Ogot and I watch “Warm Bodies”; an odd zombie movie that we’ve been waiting for ever since we saw the preview last year. We figured that it would probably get some cuts if we watch it in SG so we opted to watch it while were still here.

The days are passing by fast and we are already feeling the pressure. Ogot expressed how nervous and rattled he is about our future plans while I try to hide how scared I am. There are too many emotions occupying my being and they’re all mixed. But since we can’t both be holding a paper bag and breathing into them, I decided to bolt mine in for a while so I can think clear.

About five more days to go, hoping and praying that everything goes as planned. I’m keeping my fingers crossed..




No comments:

Post a Comment