Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Some Good News

Today was a long one. I’ve been up and out early but at least I was able to finish everything I had planned. Our calendar is full from today ‘till we’re out of the country and we are excited. I still haven’t talked to mom, but only because she hasn’t answered any of my calls yet. I’ll try again later. I can’t wait to tell my mom that we’re bound for SG this Friday. I want to make it a surprise for my little sister and dad so I’m going to ask her to keep things between us for now.

Tomorrow is Ogot’s mom’s birthday and we have another early start. We’ll be running around, trying to fit everything in time and manage not to screw anything up. We need to be a warp speed since we need to accomplish everything in a shorter span than we had it schedule before the delay. So I’m still packing some of our stuff that can already be shoved in our suitcases. The rest would have to wait after the laundry is done.

It’s also essential to buy the new HD video recorder that I have my eyes on for about a month now. Mom and one of my aunts are going to perform in some sort of celebration in less than two weeks. It’s going to be a big production with a huge crowd and I want to record every minute of it. That event is one of the reasons why I had been a wreaked. I already missed Chinese New Year; I don’t want another disappointment to cloud my relationship with my mom.

I’m determined to complete everything on my check list in time and get on with the new start that I’ve been praying for. Things are bound to be more chaotic when we’re overseas but I know it’s worth it. Ogot and I will be able to pursue the careers we’ve been chasing, although it’s going to be a challenge. We’re leaving the comfort of the way that we are accustomed to and that is actually what we’re looking forward to. It’s basically going back to zero. It’s scary and exhilarating at the same time.

The future is finally promising and I’m beginning to be hopeful once more. It’s unbelievably cheesy and if my mind is not too tired to formulate another way of saying it, I would. But since my head can only articulate simple words for my thoughts, this entry would just have to deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment