Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pending Applications


 
I’ve spent over a week sending out resumes to prospective companies in the hopes of getting a job here in SG. Out of the almost fifty CVs out, I only got eight acknowledgements and zero invitation for an interview. I know that it really will take some time to get a job in my field of expertise as it is a very competitive market and the screening process is stricter than that of what I was used to.

Patience is a skill that I’ve thankfully learned through the years but worrying and waiting still takes its toll. I check my email every five minutes and stare at my mobile phone, waiting for it to ring or get a message. I’ve finished all the work my previous company asked me to complete since my replacement got dismissed, so I’m back to sending more applications and waiting for responses.

The plans I’ve drawn out before we left the PH in currently a work in progress. My parents always remind me to take baby steps as I can’t expect things to come to us in an instant and I am fully accepting of that fact. They are only concern because I’ve been non-stop since we got here. I always say that I’m in no hurry; it’s just that I don’t want to stand still and wait for my world to change as time passes me by. I refuse to go back to feeling helpless. So I do as much as I possibly can with things I have control over, for the rest I’d have to wait. As I’ve said before, patience is not a virtue, it’s a skill. And so another round of waiting begins..



No comments:

Post a Comment