Saturday, February 2, 2013

Morning After


02/03/2013 – 7:20AM

We're still on vacation and I did not wake up to a good start. Had about three hours of sleep and my body hurts from all the swimming we did the night before. I'm not feeling well and because of that, I'm grumpy. But it's not bound to last long. I'm trying to eat my way to a better mood. Thankfully, the morning coffee and cigarette helped a little. Despite the booze and lack of sleep though, everyone else is perky and doing a lot better that I am. It seems I'm no longer the hard partier that I used to be. Good for me. Or maybe it's a fluke..

The booze didn't do anything for me and I'm used to the absence of sleep. I'm guessing the cantankerous disposition this morning is caused mainly by my frustrations pecking at me. My mind is still a clutter of worries and thoughts about my bleak future. Let's just say it's hard to be optimistic in the morning. Something about the sun rising from the horizon makes me think that the new start I've been hoping for may be a joke. All this waiting has turned me cynical.

For right now I will drown my worries in the pool, while we still have time. Try to tire myself out 'till I can't move, let alone drive myself to insanity by my thoughts. Aching muscles should be a great distraction or at least I hope it is..

No comments:

Post a Comment