Monday, January 28, 2013

3rd Party

Supposed Post Date: 01-25-13

It's been a long day but it's nice to be busy. After spending the morning getting prepared, we spent lunch 'till late afternoon on the 1st birthday party of hubby's nephew. Since the party was held in "Fun-Time" we opted to get in touch with the child in us and hit the quirky arcade games and collected tickets. After spending over P200 at P5/token, we gathered around 180 tickets. It sounds a lot of tickets but we only managed to exchange it for popcorn and a bread stick. Arcades have changed a ton since I was a kid. Oh well..

After getting home from the party, we prepped for our next outing which was to meet with my college friends. Now I'm the only girl in our solid group of 5 and 2 of those guys were my ex. It sounds complicated when I tell people that but it's really no big deal to us. We all managed to be good friends despite whatever it was that happened in the past. My issue with them recently was that for a couple of years now, they haven't really been there for me, including the devastation that was 2012. They were all MIA, busy with life and their respective girlfriends. I understood all that but I was hurt. What was expected?? I'm human.

So we met up for dinner, coffee plus drinks and got caught up a bit, laughed hard and talked about life. All was for forgotten and it was okay. I've mentioned that I want to migrate and we (hubby and I) are going through with the plans, so spending time with friends is a big deal to me. But I as I was sitting at the coffee shop, looking around my college friends, listen to them joke around and have fun, I got bummed out. It wasn't because I was leaving and it will take a while for me to see them again. I was because I know that it wouldn't make any impact. When I leave it won't matter. I wouldn't even be missed..

It sounds depressing but I know it to be true. Years have passed and no one really bothered to call or send a message asking me to come to one of their hang-outs. I never got a solid response to my offers of getting together either. Their lives have moved on without a thought of me and maybe that's okay. We are still friends, I think, well at least in my mind we are, but it's not the same. We can't go back to how we were and the gap seem to be too wide to seal. At least I know they're happy. And as long as they're happy, I'm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment