Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dangerous Territory!

Living at my parent's house feels a little tense. Its always been like this so it's not news to me. We were raised in at atmosphere were the mind set is "Every man for himself". I didn't grow up with my parents so I feel weird, it's like living in a stranger's home. My sister grew up so far from how I was raised. I was able to realize how unconventional we were back in the PH. When we got here, I was told right away that I can expect no help in finding a new job while I'm here. It's frustrating sometimes, given that my mom has a ton of untapped connections, but I'll live. That's just the way we are.

Ogot has already started his training with a local clinic and he has nicely settled into a routine with my dad. We both expected that he'd find a job first because his field of study has a man-power shortage here in SG so finding work is easier. My field, on the other hand, is swarming with unemployed professionals buying for the same opportunities. I've sent out hundreds of CVs, literally. My email is now flooded with either acknowledgements of receipt or notices of regrets as the company opted for a citizen/PR. That's the big struggle; competing with local citizens and PRs. It's less troublesome to hire them because there are no extra paperwork to accomplish.

My frustrations are eating me up and I'm exhausted from commuting all over SG. I'm trying my best not to fail. Only time will tell if I'll get over all this in one piece..



No comments:

Post a Comment