Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Week in MY .. ^_^

Our 30-day social visit pass was about to expire so we had to exit to MY. We spent a week in MY which is why I was MIA from my blog again.

The first day was a nightmare. We didn't want to spend a lot since we were supposed to stay there for just four days and since my mom knew someone who owned a backpacker's hotel, we opted to stay there. So we packed our bags and headed to MY, the hotel was horrible. Cockroaches in the kitchen and bathroom plus over-flowing trash in the cans. The room was small and there was nothing to do. The building alone was old, dingy and in the middle of nowhere. There are no public transport near so you'd have to call a cab if you wanna go anywhere. The forest was behind us and the lighting is fit for horror movies. We half-expected that some guy with a hatchet will show up and start hacking at our limbs and then dump our bodies in the forest, never to be seen again. The place was dirty and it was totally creepy.

I called my mom as soon as our private room door closed and told her all about it. She asked that we stay there for one night and look for someplace else the next day. So we locked ourselves in the room and tried to deal.

My phone suddenly rang around midnight. It was my parents. Mother told dad about our situation and he started insisting to cross the border to get us settled in a different hotel. After about an hour of talking it out, my dad calmed down. We were able to convince him to sleep it off and just go to MY in the morning.

Morning came, we packed our bags and headed out. The place was so far from civilization that it took the cab almost an hour to get to it after we placed the call. I felt relieved when I saw my parents, we had breakfast then to the hotel that my dad knew. The place was a vast improvement from the first hotel. It was right in front of the mall and accessible to a variety of restaurants and spa's. Once we got our things in order, my parents we're off. Mom asked if we can stay at MY a little longer so that they can join us at the end of the week to go to Legoland. We agreed to the suggestion as it sounded like a pretty good deal.

We hit the bed once my parents were out. We barely got any sleep the previous night so we were exhausted and sleep was inevitable given our state. Seafood barbecue dinner was that night's menu, we got up, went down stairs, bought some take-out, ate and resumed sleep.

The following days were spent doing random things. Watched "OZ" in 3D, had body scrubs at the spa, went shopping for additional clothes since we got extended and didn't bring enough. The highlight of the trip was the food. We went to different restaurants and proceeded in trying and eating a ton of food. It was a quiet week, it felt nice.

My parents came it towards the end of the week. The remaining two days became eventful. Dinner with my honorary aunt and uncle, some drinks and Legoland the next day. There was an interview with immigration and a ton of waiting. I was sore by the time we got back to SG..




No comments:

Post a Comment