Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Resuming life as it was..

I have been out of commission again for the past weeks as so much has happened. I’m trying to be a more responsible blogger so here’s a breakdown.

1st of, we’re back to the PH. I felt relieved the moment the plane touched down. The ball the formed in my chest has softened and I am able to breathe again. Before we left, I wrote a long letter to my mom regarding what I’ve been thinking the entire trip; thoughts that I’ve been too cowardly to say in person. We don’t have the best relationship in the world and that is the only way I know to freely say what I mostly keep inside. I hid it somewhere in the house and even now, I’m not sure if she already read it.

2nd, since our finances have depleted from our trip, I set up some projects with TravelCom through my freelance editor at a publication that I will not divulge. I was able to grab three out of town reviews focusing on local beaches in the PH. After getting confirmations on my assignments, the next two months started looking to be a pretty awesome summer. It’s just the break I need from the slightly disastrous trip in SG.

3rd, I was finally able to visit my grandma. Sadly, she got thinner but she seems happy to see me and she lit up the room with her smile. I really missed her. I only realized just how much the minute I saw her. I’m planning to resume my regular visits and make up for the two months I was overseas.

Lastly, I was actually able to complete one of my assignments already. I just got back from Puerto Princesa this morning. Details are to come on the next post.

So that is the reader’s digest version of what’s been going on these past few weeks. There are still a couple of things I missed but it’s mostly snippets of random things so I’ll skip them all together..



No comments:

Post a Comment